Well, we made it through Halloween and it’s time to start thinking about Thanksgiving…YAY!!
[clickToTweet tweet=”Bring on Thanksgiving! I love a holiday that’s all about food, family, and fall festivities:) ” quote=”I love a holiday that’s all about food, family, and fall festivities!”]
Every year I try to come up with craft projects and gift ideas to make the holiday stand out. This year I am making some easy and cute rustic magnets for Thanksgiving to add to my holiday table. And BONUS…they double as cute keepsake gifts for my guests to take home with them.
Here’s how I made them along with pics and a FREE downloadable print for you to use to make your own cute “Give Thanks” Turkey magnets.
You will need the following supplies to make your own magnets:
- + 2″ to 3″ cross cut pieces of wood (the pieces I used were from Hobby Lobby and are sold for $4.99 for a set of 4)
- + gold craft paint and a small round paintbrush
- + a pencil
- + FREE printable turkey and type template
- + fine point black marker
- + circular magnet
- + super glue
1) Download and print your free turkey and “give thanks” template to trace.
2) Turn the printout over and use your pencil to color in on the back. The carbon from your pencil will allow you to transfer the image onto your wood piece so that it is super easy to paint.
Once you’ve transferred the turkey line art by tracing around the edge, you can darken the lines, if necessary, with a pencil. Finally, fill it in with gold craft paint using a small round brush.
Then repeat the transfer process with the handwritten letters.
Finally, glue a magnet on the back with super glue. Add the year and a little bit of love along with your signature to make it a special keepsake.
Finally, place your magnets in the center of each place setting at your holiday table. Your guests can take them home as a special keepsake of this year’s Thanksgiving dinner.
Creating special keepsake gifts and mementos like this is one of the things that makes Thanksgiving extra special for me. What Thanksgiving traditions do you have that make your holiday extra special? Let me know in the comments below.